Recruitday’s Privacy Statement Overview
Privacy is about more than just protecting the personal data you may share through the use of our products and services, or when using our website. Privacy is also about our obligation to use and disclose this information only for the purposes we have explained to you.
Recruitday is committed to protecting the privacy of our users, and strives to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Privacy Statement sets forth the online data collection and usage policies and sets out how and when personal data is collected, held, used or disclosed.
Scope of this Policy
This Statement only applies to data gathered on the Recruitday.com website (the "Website"), and does not apply to any other information or website. It is Recruitday’s policy to comply with Republic Act 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, as well as subsequent issuances of the National Privacy Commission (NPC) of the Philippines.
Recruitday’s website contains links to other sites over which we have no control. Recruitday is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Likewise, we also do not control the data use practices of employers or others who may access your information on this site. Moreover, while we currently have no partnership with third party Ad Networks and other third parties, we may in the future grant limited access to those whom we work with to serve you personalized ads on our sites. Thus, they may also employ their own data use practices which would be beyond the control of Recruitday. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to review the privacy policies and opt-out choices of those third parties so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Your Rights as Data Subjects
Under the Philippines’ Data Privacy legislations, you have the following rights as data subjects:
- Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed whether your personal data is being, or have been processed, including the existence of automated decision-making and profiling.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, including processing for direct marketing, automated processing or profiling. You may also opt NOT to receive marketing information from Recruitday.
- Right to Access. You have the right to reasonable access, upon written request, the contents of your personal data that were processed and the manner by which these were processed; the sources from which these were obtained; the recipients and reasons for disclosure, if any; date when your information was last modified; and information on automated processes where your information will be made as the sole basis for any decision that may significantly affect you.
- Right to rectify erroneous data. You have the right to correct any error in the personal data and if warranted, request immediate rectification.
- Right to Erase or Block. You have based on reasonable grounds, the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from Recruitday's database, without prejudice to Recruitday continuing to process personal data for commercial, operational, legal and regulatory purposes.
- Right to secure Data Portability. Where personal data is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, you have the right to obtain from Recruitday a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows your further use.
- Right to be indemnified for damages. You shall be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, taking into account any violation of your rights and freedoms as data subject.
- Right to File a Complaint. You may file a complaint or exercise your rights above by reaching out to us through the contact details provided below. You may also raise privacy concerns to the National Privacy Commission through their website at www.privacy.gov.ph
Information We Process
You do not have to give us any personal data in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of our Site. However, we collect the following types of information about you when you visit our Sites: personal data, demographic information, behavioral information, and indirect information. Sometimes we process the combinations of all these types of information. In each case, it is indicated on the website whether any personal or demographic data must be provided to use the requested service or not.
Personal data refers to personal information, privileged information and sensitive personal information as defined in the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Personal information refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, that directly ascertains the identity of an individual. This includes your address and contact information.
- Sensitive personal information includes your age, date of birth, marital status, social security and other government identification numbers, policy information, health/medical and financial information.
- Privileged Information is any and all forms of information which, under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws, constitute privileged communication, such as, but not limited to, information which a person authorized to practice medicine, surgery or obstetrics may have acquired in attending to a patient in a professional capacity.
If you choose to login with Facebook or similar sites, we import the information that you choose to share with us by installing the application or logging into that platform or site, and we make it part of your profile. Since Recruitday sites and applications are intended to allow you to share your information and to allow others to find you, we make certain information about you publicly available by default. Such information may, for example, be accessed by everyone on the Internet, including users without accounts, and may appear in public search engine search results. However, you can control the visibility of your information by managing your privacy settings. You can also restrict the information available to others by deleting information you do not want visible or by not providing it at all.
How Information is used
We use the information we gather on the website for the purposes of:
- providing our services,
- responding to any queries you may have,
- operating and improving the website,
- fostering a positive user experience, and
- delivering the products and services that we offer to jobseekers and employers.
Our services include the display of personalized products, content, and advertising relating to your career experience and interests, either on our site or other sites with which we have a business relationship.
To read more on How We Process Your Data, please visit www.recruitday.com/terms-of-use.
User’s Consent to Recruitday to Use the Information
By registering with Recruitday, by managing your profile, or opting in when presented with choices, you have explicitly consented for us to use your information, subject to local law, in the following ways:
- to allow you to create an account;
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us information imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties such as your contacts or advertisers;
- to contact you about Recruitday Site updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Recruitday or its affiliates (“Affiliates” means entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with Recruitday Worldwide, Inc.);
- to enable you to provide feedback, to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- to conduct surveys, questionnaires, promotions and contests, and to provide the results thereof such as success stories and contest winners;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
- to provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process, such as accessing the searchable resume database;
- to help your friends, contacts, and potential employers find your profile and connect with you;
- to allow you to share jobs and profile information with your connections;
- to give search engines access to public information;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- to provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles, and career background and experience;
- to generate internal reports about the use of our site; and
- to provide ‘forward to a friend’ features.
We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. We show you targeted ads on our sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. These ads are targeted based on information we collect about you and information about you we acquire from third parties.
Disclosure of information to others
We may disclose to third parties personal information, combined personal, demographic, behavioral or indirect information, as set forth below:
- We may disclose your resume to employers who have posted job opportunities that may be of interest to you on the Website when you apply for those jobs.
- We may share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
- We may disclose such information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. For example, if you make your resume searchable, then all parties with access to our searchable resume database (or copies thereof) will have access to your resume. If you indicate by configuring your profile that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to select third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. For example, if you indicate that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties at the time you register for a Recruitday account, we supply your contact information to third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you.
- We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith after considering your privacy interests and other factors that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
Updating Account Information
We wish to ensure your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. Recruitday allows you to change or correct your personal information at any time. To do so, simply log into your Recruitday account, and you will find options for editing the information you have submitted.
Access to Personal Information
You can gain access to the personal information you have provided by visiting our Website. If you need assistance to log in you can contact us by emailing email@example.com. If you have not accessed your resume for some time we may also contact you to check your information is still correct. A request for access to the personal information we hold about you, or in relation to an inquiry about privacy, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the relevant officer.
Your choices about Your Information
If you wish to delete or close your account or account profile information altogether, please contact us at email@example.com. An email will be sent to you to confirm that your personal data has been deleted (save for an archival copy which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet). The archival copy is retained only for as long as Recruitday reasonably considers necessary for audit and record purposes. We will also retain logs, demographic, indirect, and statistical information that may relate to you but do not identify you personally. If your personal data was previously accessed by others using our Sites, we are not able to delete the information or copies thereof from their systems.
If you previously opted to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from Recruitday or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out by editing your account profile as described above. If you previously opted not to receive such communications, you may later opt-in by editing your account profile.
You are responsible for ensuring that your log-in credentials (your username and password) are kept confidential.
Recruitday has implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding such measures, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Moreover, one of our primary purposes is to provide you with a platform to broadcast the information in your resume and profile widely in order to maximize your career opportunities. Such an environment does present a risk that unauthorized third parties will view this data, so you should refer to our Security Center for additional information on conducting a safe job search. Further, your resume should not contain any sensitive data that you would not want made public. You should be aware that resumes may be monitored by your current employer.
We do not specifically collect information about children. We believe that children should get their parent’s consent before giving out personal information. If you are concerned about your child’s use of Recruitday, we encourage you to use Web filtering technology to supervise your child’s access to the Website.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Please be aware that we may update and modify this online privacy statement at any time and without notice. Please review this section each time you access and/or use our websites.
Thank you for using Recruitday.
Effective Date: August 22, 2019