Quality assurance (QA) engineers develop and execute software testing plans and procedures.
Quality assurance (QA) engineers develop and execute software testing plans and procedures. A QA engineer is responsible to catch, document, and report bugs and coding errors to the software development team. They are required to be adept in the development environment, database management, and component-specific software and languages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
These are some of the core duties and responsibilities of a QA Engineer, however, specific tasks will depend on the type of business, organization, client, or project.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures to identify software problems and their causes
- Document software issues using a bug tracking system
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
- Report bugs or defects to software developers for correction
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, or content
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Monitor debugging process results
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Products/Technologies a QA Engineer may work with:
- Test case management: Test Manager, Testlink, Spira, QA Symphony
- Defect tracking: Bugzilla, Jira, IBM Rational ClearQuest
- Load test: JMeter, LoadUI
- Functional test: Selenium
- Automated testing software: Selenium, HP Quick Test Professional, IBM Rational, TestComplete
0 to 2 years experience
P30,000 - P45,000
3 to 5 years experience
P45,000 - P85,000
6 to 10 years experience
P80,000 - P150,000
More than 10 years
P130,000 - P200,000
Sign up now and get updated on the latest jobs, courses, events, and news about this career.SIGN UP
eCommerce Developers (Funct...
Professional Services Company
N/A; Mandaluyong (Hybrid)
Hiring until May 08
Design, build and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements.The Functional Tester develops and executes...
Refer & Earn Up to PHP 5,000
Grow your Skill Set
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Using Automation Anywhere
Anonimouse Technologies Inc..
3 Days (4 Hours/Day)
No events available