College, Los Baños, Laguna
Research & Development
JOB SUMMARY: provides day-to-day technical and administrative support related to the planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of project activities of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) funded project “Supporting Smallholder Farmers in Asia and Pacific Islands Region through Strengthened Agricultural Advisory Services”, under SEARCA’s Project Development and Technical Services (PDTS) Unit.
Terms of Reference:
- Organize the overall Project Management Office (PMO) requirements at SEARCA and shall act as the overall assistant of the Project Coordinator in the conduct of the day-to-day activities of the program. She will be responsible in the prompt preparations of all logistical and some administrative preparations of the program and will act as the overall secretariat of the Project Management Committee working under the full direction and guidance of the Project Coordinator, PDTS and SEARCA;
- Initiate and assist in the preparation of Terms of Reference (TOR) for various consultancies and studies under the program and coordinate the procurement process for timely deployment;
- Provide research and analytical support in the provision of programmatic guidance to all key implementing units of the project (regional, sub regional networks and country institutions) to ensure an outcome orientation of implementation activities;
- Liaise with the Asia Pacific Island Regions Advisory Services (APIRAS) on a regular basis to ensure synergy of guidance provided to partners;
- Keep relevant stakeholders (respective country level NFP and project staff) updated on progress and be responsible for exploring their needs and acting on feedback, in order to ensure that all requirements are attended;
- Assist in project monitoring, coordinate financial monitoring and financial planning;
- Assist in preparing annual plans and semi-annual and annual reports and other special reports;
- Serve as SEARCA-based project IEC and training focal point;
- Prepare priority IEC materials including coordination in outsourcing of major publications and ensure visibility of the project and its key holders; and
- Ensure effective communication between the project and relevant mainstream programs of SEARCA.
Min. Relevant Experience
Graduate of a 4-year degree course in Agribusiness, Agriculture, Development Communication, Development Management, Economics, or related field
Two (2)-year relevant work experience in project coordination, agricultural extension, research, knowledge management, and training. Experience in agricultural research and rural development is an advantage.
Computer software applications (word processing, presentation, spreadsheets, database, search engines). (Advanced)
Able to work effectively individually and with a team and in a multi-cultural environment (Advanced)