5th floor, Paseo Center, 8757 Paseo de Roxas Avenue, Makati City, Metro Manila
The primary responsibility of the In-house Counsel is to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the company and its subsidiaries/affiliates are in compliance with the law. The In-house Counsel is expected to quickly and intelligibly provide legal advice in various dealings and transactions that are not only within the bounds of the law but are likewise the most practical and beneficial solutions for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Legal Risk Management & Advisory
- Ensure that the company and its subsidiaries/affiliates are in compliance with all relevant laws, rules and/or regulations enforced by different government agencies.
- Provide legal advice on various fields of law with main focus on corporate, contract and labor laws.
- Renders well researched legal opinion and provides recommendations to the Management.
- Conduct or assist in the conduct of formal investigation and administrative cases.
- Represent the company and/or its officers in various legal proceedings before the regular courts and agencies (as needed).
- Coordinate and liaise with external legal counsels.
- Attend legal updates and training.
- Drafts and/or reviews all external and internal contracts, agreements and other documents of the company to ensure the Company’s rights and interests are protected and risks and liabilities are minimized, if not eliminated.
- Draft/review company policies, correspondences and other routine legal documents.
- Facilitate in drafting and preparation of draft minutes of stockholders and board meeting, issuance of secretary’s certificates, preparation and filing of the Company’s Annual General Information Sheet with the Securities and Exchange Commission and maintenance and keeping of the Company’s stock and transfer book, stock certificate book and minute book.
- Attend Board and company meetings.
- Organize and maintain a systematic file of all important legal corporate records
Other tasks as may be delegated by the company or as required by the position.
Min. Relevant Experience
Qualifications and Skills
- A member of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- At least three (3) years of relevant working experience in a reputable law firm or multinational company
- Possess excellent communication and writing skills.
- Has high level of organizing and managing skills
- Has a proactive mindset – anticipates and guards against legal risks and liabilities
- Has high degree of professionalism and business etiquette
Contract Management (Advanced)