· Day to day provision of second/third line support for technologies that the team owns within agreed SLAs. Out of business hours support may be expected.
· Manage and prepare for the implementation of projects in the operational/support environments including: evaluation, feasibility, technical investigations, pilots and proof of concepts, training and knowledge transfer to and from other support teams.
· Provide expert advice to help inform Line Management about the technical capabilities of IT products within the operational support environment. Assess the feasibility of proposed projects to ensure appropriateness of solutions and to maintain alignment with the wider technical framework.
· Successful candidate may be required to participate in out of hours support via a formal on-call rotation.
· Ability to produce quality technical documentation and explain technical concepts to customers in plain English. Proactively take ownership of updates to ensure timeliness, depth and breadth of content.
· Build and maintain effective relationships and lines of communication with other IT Teams, third party suppliers and the Business Streams to facilitate effective delivery. The Application Engineer is a key contact for a number of business applications. The role is important to ensure that the key systems operate within service level agreements.