Systems Analyst Job Description
Other job titles for Systems Analyst
Systems Engineer, Computer Systems Analyst, IT Systems Engineer, Systems Designer, Tech Analyst, Technical Analyst,
What does a Systems Analyst do?
Systems Analysts install, test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems. They conceptualize, implement, modify, and improve computer systems. System Analysts also create flow charts, specify system requirements, and write user requests and instructions into technical specifications for programmers.
System Analysts may be required to interact with clients in order to determine what the client needs for their systems.
- Visio, LucidCharts, Axure, Pencil, Balsamiq
- System modeling tools
- DFD (Data Flow Diagram)
- ERD (Entity Relationship Diagram)
- Data Dictionary
OTHER TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Project methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Lean, etc.)
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) Diagram
- Edraw UML
- Database management systems
- Data flow diagrams
- Development environment software
- Software development lifecycle
- Writing SQL Queries
- Programming knowledge
- SaaS testing software
- Feasibility studies