Software Developer Job Description
Other job titles for Software DeveloperComputer Programmer, Programmer, Web Developer, Application Developer, Software Development Engineer, Software Engineer
What does a Software Developer do?
Software developers research, create, modify, and test software applications and systems. They specialize in various fields including web-based, mobile, medical, communications and general computing applications among others. Developers also maintain, improve and debug software post-launch.
Duties and Tasks:
- Research, design, implement, and manage software programs
- Design and update software database such as Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes, and User Interfaces
- Test and evaluate new programs
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
- Identify areas for modification in existing programs and develop those modifications
- Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Coordinate with Business Analysts, UX designers, and Development Managers to ensure software projects meet requirements
- Training and on-boarding users
- Strong programming skills
- Knowledge of coding languages and frameworks/systems
- May need experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping frameworks
- Software design, debugging, testing
- Knowledge of software development fundamentals and processes
- System and software analysis and evaluation
- Knowledge in computer systems and the latest technologies
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Complex problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Systems analysis and evaluation
- Good communication skills with the ability to explain complex systems
- Ability to quickly learn new languages and technologies
Software Developer Salary in the Philippines | Latest Software Developer Jobs |Explore Similar Careers
Software Developer Salary in the Philippines
How much does a Software Developer make?
The average monthly salary of a Software Developer in Philippines ranges between Php 48,500 - Php 170,000 (median: Php 109,250).
Software Developer Skills & Qualifications | Latest Software Developer Jobs |Explore Similar Careers
Latest Software Developer Jobs | Explore Similar Careers
Training Courses for Software Developer
The Python Programming course is an introductory course about Python as a General Programming tool.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Using Automation Anywhere
Introductory course for those who are interested in becoming a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) bot developer and programmer.
Pro Tip: Resume Writing
Want to get noticed during your job applications? The secret is in your resume. Get this course to level up your professional profile and stand out from the crowd.