Quantity Surveyor Job Description
Other job titles for Quantity SurveyorCost Estimator, Project Estimator, Cost Manager
What does a Quantity Surveyor do?
Quantity Surveyors calculate and manage all cost-related aspects in construction projects. They help to ensure that the construction project is completed within the projective budget. Quantity Surveyors are also tasked to negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors to reduce overall cost of a project in order to ensure the best value for money.
Duties and Tasks:
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other relevant documents to be presented to the Site Engineers or clients
- Review building, construction, or architectural plans and prepare quantity needs and cost of materials
- Create price/forecast of the cost of materials needed as well as feasibility studies
- Gather data and quantification to verify progress of accomplishments of the project
- Come up with ways to reduce overall cost of a project ensuring best value for money
- Measure and value work done on site
- Undergo Quantity Take-off and Plan interpretation
- Material Submission, Ordering, and Procurement
- Supplier/Subcontractor Quotation and Evaluation
- Carry out monthly valuation of work in progress including forecasting of final cost and sales
- Knowledge in preparation of Work Breakdown Structure
- Report writing
- Costing preparation, financial report analysis
- Proposal analysis
- Bidding proposal preparations
- May need basic knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) software
- Strong mathematical skills
- Negotiation – able to outsource best subcontractors during bidding or tendering stage of project
- Planning & Time Management skills
- Process orientation
- Knowledge of cost control, cost benefit, and risk analysis
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of consruction, materials, pricing, and industry
Quantity Surveyor Salary in the Philippines | Latest Quantity Surveyor Jobs |Explore Similar Careers
Quantity Surveyor Salary in the Philippines
How much does a Quantity Surveyor make?
The average monthly salary of a Quantity Surveyor in Philippines ranges between Php 13,000 - Php 70,000 (median: Php 41,500).