Labor Relations Specialist Job Description
Labor Relations Specialists handle issues involving labor management, such as union contract negotiations, grievances, arbitration, work stoppages, and strikes. They may also resolve disputes between workers and managers and handle employee complaints. They also ensure that the company and workforce adhere to labor agreements.
Labor Relations Specialists may need some basic knowledge of laws, legal codes, and government regulations regarding labor and employment.
- Negotiation skills in order to bring people together to resolve differences
- Good communicaiton skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Good decision making and problem-solving
Ideal for graduates of: