Industrial Engineer Job Description
Other job titles for Industrial EngineerEngineering Manager, Plant Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Specialist, Operations Engineer, Production Engineer, Supply Chain Engineer
What does anc Industrial Engineer do?
Industrial and production engineers develop, evaluate production processes such as quality control, inventory control, logistics processes and material flow. They minimize wastefulness during production by observing, assessing and recommending process improvements. Industrial Engineers must have knowledge in engineering technology, industrial control software and technical writing among others.
Duties and Tasks:
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other important information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing
- Create plans for manufacturing products
- Creating control systems for maximizing efficiency of delivering services and coordination of activities
- Estimate production costs and establish cost saving methods
- Design layout of equipment, materials, or workspace for maximum efficiency through drafting tools or computer-aided designs
- Coordinate with customers and management to develop standards for design and product
- Implement quality control procedures to resolve problems or minimize cost
- Computer aided design (CAD) software
- Statistical software
- Simulation software and electronic comparison analysis
- Diagrammatic skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong foundation in engineering fundamentals (basic design, strength of materials, thermodynamics, electrical theory, applied physics, machining, etc.)
- Highly skilled in mathematics and physics
- Creativity – using creativity to design new production processes to reduce use of material resources, time waste, or labor
- Strong time management skills
- Good organization skills and a desire for efficiency
- Critical thinking – using logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of plans, explore alternative solutions, and come up with different approaches to problems
- Operations analysis – analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design
- Organizational, project management, planning skills
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
Graduates of Industrial Engineering can choose get an Industrial Engineer Certification through the Industrial Engineering Certification Board (IECB). The IE Certification validates an individual's qualifications in the field of industrial engineering professional practice.
- Level 1 The Certified Industrial Engineer (CIE)
- Level 2 The Professional IE (PIE) under Portfolio Review
For more information, you can visit the IECB Website by clicking here.
Industrial Engineer Salary in the Philippines | Latest Industrial Engineer Jobs |Explore Similar Careers
Industrial Engineer Salary in the Philippines
How much does anc Industrial Engineer make?
The average monthly salary of anc Industrial Engineer in Philippines ranges between Php 16,500 - Php 24,500 (median: Php 19,875).