HR Manager Job Description
What does an HR Manager do?
HR Managers plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of the Human Resource department as well as any activities for an organization. They serve as a link between management and employees to handle questions, administer contracts, or resolve work-related problems. HR Managers may advise managers on organizational policies and recommend what needs to be changed or improved.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of the principles and procedures of HR practices and policies (recruitment, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations, personnel information systems, etc.)
- Business Management Principles - Strategic planning and resource allocation
- Good administrative skills
- Management and leadership
- Ability to motivate, develop, train, or develop people as they work
- Conflict resolution (settling disputes, resolving grievances, negotiating)
- Highly organized
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office