Geodetic Engineer Job Description
Other job titles for Geodetic EngineerGeodetic Surveyor, Survey Director, Survey Supervisor, Geodetic Advisor
What does a Geodetic Engineer do?
Geodetic Engineers, also known as Geodetic Surveyors measure large areas of the Earth's surface using satellite observations, global navigation satellite systems (GNSS), light detection and ranging (LIDAR), or other precision instruments. They scientifically and methodically process data presented on graphs, plans, maps, charts, and documents.
Duties and Tasks:
- Gathering data on-site using surveying instruments
- Conduct topological surveys to determine ground elevation dependent grids, geodetic grids, property boundaries, terrain, and elevation
- Prepare survey data and survey sheet elevation
- Calculate the exact horizontal and vertical position of points on the Earth's surface
- Verify mathematical accuracy of collected survey data
- Assess quality of control data to determine the need for additional survey data to be used for engineering, construction, or other projects
- Ability to use surveying and mapping equipment (graduated rods, transits, levels, theodolites, fathometers, electronic distance meters, global positioning systems, etc.)
- Computer aided design (CAD) software
- Surveying software
- Map creation software
- Blueprint/drawing specifications creation and interpretation
- Diagrammatic skills
- Solid knowledge in geography
- Highly skilled in mathematics and physics
- Critical thinking - using logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of plans, explore alternative solutions, and come up with different approaches to problems
- Good spatial orientation and depth perception
- Attention to detail
- Personnel management - ability to motivate and direct people as they work through problems
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
All applicants for registration for the practice of Geodetic Engineering are required to undergo and pass a written technical exam (Article IV, Section 11, RA 8560).
The Geodetic Engineers Licensure Examination is conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission once a year on October. For more details, click here.
Geodetic Engineer Salary in the Philippines | Latest Geodetic Engineer Jobs |Explore Similar Careers
Geodetic Engineer Salary in the Philippines
How much does a Geodetic Engineer make?
The average monthly salary of a Geodetic Engineer in Philippines ranges between Php 19,500 - Php 35,900 (median: Php 27,700).