Functional Consultant Job Description
Other job titles for Functional ConsultantFunctional Consultant, SAP Consultant, Oracle Consultant
What does a Functional Consultant do?
Functional Consultants plan, design, and oversee the construction of a software system. They translate business requirements into functional specifications to build a system that meets those necessary requirements. They are considered as subject matter experts on the use the applications for business. Generally, they have Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation expertise but may also work with Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Functional Consultants often work with teams that include Business Analysts, Technical Consultants, and Software Engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
These are some of the core duties and responsibilities of a Functional Consultant.
- Know and understand business processes and business flow
- Work with clients to determine needs and demands
- Turn those needs and demands into a logical and technical business model that can be achieved and translated through a software
- Configure the application to ensure that it works the way clients intend
- Coordinate with technical counterparts (such as Technical Consultants, Software Engineers, etc) and perform data mapping activities
- Deliver end-user training and ensure usability
- Provide follow-up or on-going support for the application
Products/Technologies a Functional Consultant may work with:
- ERP: Microsoft Dynamics Nav, Oracle E-Business Suite, Netsuite ERP, SAP/SAP Business One
- CRM: Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Netsuite CRM, Pega CRM, Salesforce, SAP CRM
- HR: Oracle HCM, Peoplesoft, SAP SuccessFactors, Workday
- Office Automation: Microsoft/Office365
Functional Consultant Salary in the Philippines | Latest Functional Consultant Jobs |Explore Similar Careers
Functional Consultant Salary in the Philippines
How much does a Functional Consultant make?
The average monthly salary of a Functional Consultant in Philippines ranges between Php 93,250 - Php 192,500 (median: Php 132,089).
Functional Consultant Skills & Qualifications | Latest Functional Consultant Jobs |Explore Similar Careers
Functional Consultant Skills & Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Science, Information Technology
Experience with SAP or Oracle Systems
Workflow and security configuration
Business process analysis
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Documentation and writing
Latest Functional Consultant Jobs | Explore Similar Careers
Training Courses for Functional Consultant
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals
Dynamics 365 is a multi-faceted tool for Customer Engagement, Unified Operations, Marketing, Retail and Talent management. This course will familiarize the learner with Dynamics 365 functionality and business value. The course will cover Dynamics 365 applications, the Power Platform, cloud concepts, the security model, and licensing considerations. A review of each Dynamics 365 application will include in-depth demonstrations of real-world business scenarios where Dynamics 365 represents a unified solution.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Using Automation Anywhere
Introductory course for those who are interested in becoming a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) bot developer and programmer.
Pro Tip: Resume Writing
Want to get noticed during your job applications? The secret is in your resume. Get this course to level up your professional profile and stand out from the crowd.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ is for both IT and non-technical professionals who require the essential business acumen needed to make informed cloud service decisions.