Database Administrator Skills & Qualifications | Latest Database Administrator Jobs |Explore Similar Careers
Database Administrator Skills & Qualifications
These are some of the skills & qualifications a Database Administrator needs. These may vary depending on the specific requirements of the business or organization.
- RDBMS modelling, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle, MCITP
- Experience or familiarity with web application development
- Experience with ITIL v3 foundations may be beneficial for some jobs
- Data backup, recovery, security, and integrity
- Familiar with database design, documentation, and coding
- Familiar with programming languages API
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to explain complex systems
- Information ordering - Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules
These are examples of certifications that some companies may look for/require
- MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator)
- Oracle Certified Professional
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar
Web Application Development
Need help finding a job?
Let our recruitment specialists introduce you to awesome companies and help you land a career in Database Administration. Submit your resume and they'll handle the rest!
Refer and earn
Know someone looking for a career in Database Administration? Refer them to us and get rewarded when they get hired.
Follow this career
Get notified via email with the latest Database Administration career information, jobs, and articles.