Chemical Engineer Job Description
What does a Chemical Engineer do?
Chemical engineers design and develop chemical manufacturing equipment and processes for plastics, gasoline, cement, paper and pulp among others. They develop safety procedures, troubleshoot problems with the chemical manufacturing process and conduct product testing. Candidates for this position are expected to be familiar with technical writing, laboratory equipment and CAD and analytics software.
Duties and Tasks:
- Conduct research and analyze data from processes and experiments to develop new and more efficient manufacturing processes
- Create safety procedures for handling dangerous or hazardous chemicals
- Develop processes to separate components of liquids or gases or generate electrical currents through controlled chemical processes
- Conduct tests to monitor performance of processes during production
- Identify problems with the manufacturing processes
- Evaluate equipment to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations
- Design measurement and control systems for chemical plants
- Solid background in applied chemistry (chemical composition, structure, properties of substances, chemical processes, etc.)
- Knowledge of biochemical/process engineering
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of engineering
- Knowledge on the use of laboratory tools and equipment (Bi distillation units, catalytic combustion analyzers, chromatographic scanners, mixers, spectrometers, etc.)
- Good Inductive reasoning and researching skills
- Good math and physics skills
- Critical thinking - using logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of processes, explore alternative solutions, and come up with different approaches to problems
- Good knowledge of production and processing
- Personnel management - ability to motivate and direct people as they work through problems
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
Other job titles for Chemical EngineerChemist, Research Chemical Engineer, Development Engineer, Process Engineer
Chemical Engineer Salary in the Philippines | Latest Chemical Engineer Jobs |Explore Similar Careers
Chemical Engineer Salary in the Philippines
How much does a Chemical Engineer make?
The average monthly salary of a Chemical Engineer in Philippines ranges between Php 15,000 - Php 45,000 (median: Php 30,000).
0 to 2 years experience
P10,000 - P40,000 (median: P25,000)
3 to 5 years experience
P20,000 - P50,000 (median: P35,000)
Salary information is based on the data collected, analyzed, and standardized by Recruitday team from employers, jobseekers, and other sources as of May 14, 2020.
Chemical Engineer Skills & Qualifications | Latest Chemical Engineer Jobs |Explore Similar Careers
Chemical Engineer Articles | Latest Chemical Engineer Jobs | Explore Similar Careers
Chemical Engineer Articles
EMPLOYERS: Are you prepared to resume work in the office after ECQ?
May 06, 2020
There are a number of steps we need to take before returning to the office after ECQ: communication, safety/hygiene measures, and ensuring physical distance.
Top 5 programming languages in 2020
April 06, 2020
It may seem like there are too many programming languages to choose from. However, these are the top 5 programming languages in 2020.
These are the people who take care of us during a pandemic
March 26, 2020
COVID-19 has forced most of us to stay home, but there are people who brave the risk of getting COVID to go to work and take care of us during this pandemic.
Working from home because of COVID-19? Here are some tips!
March 12, 2020
Here are some tips on how to work from home during the COVID-19 outbreak and how to ensure that you maximize your productivity.
7 Easy Application Tips To Help You Get That YES (and fast!)
March 20, 2019
The job application process can be a challenge. Read on for 7 quick and easy application tips to help you get hired quickly.