Business Analyst Job Description
Business Analysts are functional experts who help organizations reach their strategic goals, improve their processes, and optimize their systems. They accomplish this by identifying problems, discovering enhancement opportunities, and facilitating business change and improvement.
Business Analysts collaborate internally and externally with software developers, hardware specialists, vendors, business partners, and clients. Their skills are often required in marketing and financial capacities as well in order to develop initiatives and strategies that optimize costs and improve internal and external reporting.
Business Analysts may need experience with any or all of the following (or similar programs):
- UML Diagrams (Visio, LucidCharts, SmartDraw, etc.)
- Prototyping/Wireframe Tools (Axure, Pencil, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Project Management Tools (Wrike, Trello, Jira, Version One (etc.)
OTHER TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation
- Reports generation
- Analysis Techniques (Process flow diagrams, business process model, data mapping, etc.)
- Data analysis and management
Ideal for graduates of: